Congratulations Xen developers!
We’re pleased to announce the official release of Xen 3.1!
This represents a major milestone in the Xen project containing performance and stability enhancements, additional features for all architectures, and a brand new management API. Highlights of this release include:
* XenAPI 1.0 support
– XML configuration files for virtual machines;
– VM life-cycle management operations; and
– Secure on- or off-box XML-RPC with bindings for many languages
* Preliminary save/restore/migrate support for HVM (e.g. Windows) VMs;
* Dynamic memory control for HVM guests;
* 32-on-64 PV guest support (run PAE PV VMs on a 64-bit Xen!); and
* Blktap copy-on-write disk support.
You can get the source using mercurial from:
Source and binary tarballs, and RPMs, are available from:
Keir (on behalf of the whole Xen dev team)